Artwork by Xan Sinclair Koonce
Last Updated: February 28, 2019
This policy describes how FRUITION collects, uses, and shares personal information.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you and how we use that information.
Account Registration - We collect your name and contact information when you create an account. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account. We have a legitimate interest in providing account relating functionalities to you. Accounts can be used for easy checkout and to save your preferences and transaction history.
Users Information - We collect your name and contact information. We have a legitimate interest in contacting you and communicating with you concerning normal business administration, such as Services and billing.
Purchasing on our Website - We collect your name, and contact information, and your email address, payment card information, or other information when purchasing Services. We have a legitimate interest in providing the Services or to process transactions and returns for purchases on our Website.
Cookies and Third Party Tracking - We may participate in behavior-based advertising, this means that a third party uses technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our Website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests on our Website, or on other websites. We have a legitimate interest in engaging in behavior-based advertising.
Feedback/Support - If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content that you send to us in order to reply. We have a legitimate interest in receiving and acting upon your feedback or issues.
Email Newsletters - When you sign up for one of our mailing lists, we collect your name and email address. We have a legitimate interest in sharing information about our Website or the Services.
Website Interactions - We use technology to monitor how you interact with our Website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our Website to better improve it and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful.
Web Logs - We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors. We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our Websites. Among other things, it helps us understand which of the Services is the most popular.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information we collect from you when you create an account, purchase Services, subscribe to newsletters, respond to a survey or marketing communication, visit the Website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
1. To allow us to offer a better customer experience.
2. To more quickly process transactions.
3. When you opt-in to receive our email newsletter, we may send you periodic newsletter emails, including, but not limited to, send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions. If you would no longer like to receive newsletter email from us, you are welcome to unsubscribe at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of one of our email communications or by sending an email to email@example.com.
4. To identify you when you visit the Website.
5. To provide the Services.
6. To improve the Services.
7. To conduct analytics.
8. To respond to inquiries related to support or other requests.
9. For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
WHERE DO WE STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Mailchimp may store your name and email address so that we can send you newsletters, surveys, and other marketing communications. This service provider is not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business. You may visit the Mailchimp Legal page for more information: https://mailchimp.com/legal.
HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your personal information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. When you purchase Services or access your personal information, we use high level data encryption and security through Acuity Scheduling and SquareUp.
Our Website may permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
DO WE USE "COOKIES"?
The information used in all visitor analysis is anonymous whenever possible. We do not use any information in an attempt to personally identify you. We handle all information as personal data for as long as it contains client targeting information, such as an IP address. Any data collected that can be linked to a user in some way is treated as personal information.
We may contract with third party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business. You are welcome to opt out of third-party tracking using this tool: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/opt-out-interface.
If you have any question on our cookies or third-party tool use, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO WE DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
1. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. “Outside Parties” does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep the information confidential. In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
2. Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
3. Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
5. Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our Website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
1. Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service-related communications.
2. Access to Your Personal Information. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the email described below.
3. Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Our Website allows you to modify or delete your account profile. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our Website does not permit you to update or correct certain information, contact us at the email address described below.
4. Deletion of Your Personal Information. Typically, we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. If required by law, you may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the email address described below. In addition, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
5. Revocation of Consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information, then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the email address described below.
6. Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION TO OTHER COUNTRIES
Your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information below.
We do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you cannot use our Website. If you feel that we have collected data on a child, please reach out to us so that we can take appropriate action.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
TERMS AND CONDITIONS